Monday, January 22, 2007

Office Joke - Penguin Felt Mask

It's silly, I know, but sometimes you see something that you just know will be funny and you just have to run with it. My co-worker has a Far Side desk calendar that we check daily....on my desk, I have Dilbert and a Spanish Phrase a Day. So anywho, Tuesday (we had Monday off...yippee!) we check the Far Side for the weekend and see the most hilarious cartoon:


Being crafty, you know what I had to do...
It's
kinda
dorky
I
know
but
I
couldn't
resist
lol

It's not the best craftsmanship, but for all I knew, the guys at work would throw it around or simply toss it. The mask is made with felt and embroidery floss and I even added fusible interfacing to the inside of the beak to keep it firm and prevent it from flopping over too much. I actually looked at the cartoon when I was putting the mask together so I could come as close to the drawing as possible...it's not exact, but I think it's kinda cute!

I left the mask on my co-worker's desk with the original Far Side cartoon I used to design my penguin mask. My co-workers thought it was hilarious, and the mask is still hanging out in the office...don't worry...some of the guys did actually put it on...too funny!

9 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

That was sweet of you to do...a little gift for the whole office to get everyone laughing!!!

Shopaholic D said...

thanks shabby in the city...it's a lil reminder too...im away from the office on a project for the next 4 to 5 months! hopefully, it's still there when i get back...

:) D

Geisha said...

I love it! It's so hilarious and cute...the cartoon...lol!

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks Geisha!

:) D

WendyB said...

Oh, that's so so cute!!!!

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks WendyB!

:) D

Mustafa Şenalp said...

Your blog is very nice:)

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks Mustafa - if only i had time to update it more!

:) D

Elizabeth said...

Cute, and that comic is hilarious.