Thursday, December 28, 2006

Oh, and I Do Paper Stuff Too!

It's been a couple years since I made a card for someone, but with this whole craft-reinvention, I've been checking out all kinds of mediums, including paper craft. I've done scrapbooks before, I've made cards - even pop up cards! - but I haven't ever really gotten into making cards with stamps. I actually used to make embossed cards when I was a kid, and I've even worked with water color pencils as a child, too! But, lately, I've been trying to combine all my past experiences to make new designs. For Christmas, I basically only asked for craft supplies, b/c that is what I'm craving right now, like a chocoholic craves a snickers bar. I've been to Michael's for the last 3 days straight, b/c every time I start up working on something new, it seems I've forgotten something else. Craftoholics out there can sympathize.

Here's my first card (with my new supplies, that is):



It's a bit on the simple side, but if you've ever seen my jewelry designs, then you'd know that that's just my style - simple elegance, or as I like to say "sass!" I made this card with colored card stock, a flower and "thank you" stamp, some water color pencils, and some cool-edged scissors. So much fun!

On my list of things to create still, I have: more cards, embossed cards, more scrapbook pages, book marks, and gift tags. This doesn't even include all the jewelry designs I have going on in my head or all the fab ideas I have for my fabric supplies. Phew, this is going to be a busy year!

No comments: